Isle of Harris Distillers
"The output from our engagement with Velocity continues to serve us very well. A great value relationship"
When Simon from Isle of Harris Distillers Ltd approached me to review their activity to date and help devise an on-going social media strategy, I was delighted! I've worked on many a drinks brand in my time, but this had a huge pull - a brand new distillery on the majestic Isle of Harris, with an incredible story to tell and the products to match. This was delivered in 2015, however, in 2017, we began working together again, with me carrying out in-depth monthly analysis on their web and marketing data and delivering advice and direction.
- I held an initial familiarisation session in order to learn as much as possible about the brand, the story, people and products
- From there I carried out a full review of all social activity to date and started to formulate the strategy for both organic and paid use of social media
- A further session was held to look at my work to date and dig deeper into messaging, content requirements (how to tell the story) and how the team would work to deliver the strategy
- And finally, I gathered all of my research, input from that session and delivered the final strategy
- Said strategy included advice on the best social media platforms for the audience, content themes and ideas, a posting schedule and a template for analysis and reporting
Sometimes a client comes along and you just know that they'll be a huge success in the social media world. My gut was right here (and that of the client's as their early work had been returning excellent results) and in the past year, social media has become a key component of Isle of Harris Distiller's strategy.
They've succeeded where many brands fail by creating a real community of advocates and generating success without spending a penny on paid social media activity! I've very much enjoyed seeing the fruits of our joint labour work their magic.
Scroll to read a testimonial from Simon. If you'd like to work with me on your social media (and beyond!) strategy, please feel free to email me or call 0131 322 5295