A three-week diary slip. I’m a bad man. Chastise me if you must. Onward!
I’ve achieved a special balance
At the tail-end of last week, I agreed to work with an excellent new client. I’ll be working with them for one day per week for at least the remainder of this year. That, combined with two other clients, means that 3.5 days per week of my time are now booked for the foreseeable future. That’s a great feeling!
When I started back in the consultancy world in late 2016, I wanted to get to this point as quickly as possible. The key reason for this is that working on a deep, ongoing basis means that I have the chance to make a real, lasting difference to that business. It also of course, offers me a certain level of financial security and is a far easier existence to manage.
This is me practising my balance. Pfft.
3.5 days? Lazy swine!
It doesn’t sound like that will fill my working week, does it? On the surface, no. However, when you dig deeper, you can see why it will:
- Inevitably, I will spend more than the 3.5 days working on those clients, it’s just the way it is!
- I need time for everyone’s favourite activity, admin!
- I want to be able to blog, podcast and continue to share my ‘wisdom’ and experiences
- I have a number of public speaking events coming up, which take time. Obviously.
- Despite this lovely position I’m now sitting in, I still need to work on new business for the future (contact me if you’d like to discuss this!).
- This approach does leave me time for ad-hoc smaller projects.
- Oh and one last thing, I’m launching a business documentary video company, called Chimp House Media. Want to know when the first video will be live (featuring Skyscanner!), sign-up for alerts here.
Busy. Who me? Yes! Wouldn’t want it any other way!
Dispatches from the Czech Republic
I spent a week working in the Czech Republic with a global agency, it was a great adventure! Watch the vlog below:
Till next time!
I send a weekly email newsletter that delivers actionable advice, the best curated content and maybe even some entertainment from time to time. Fill in the form below to receive it!
I share marketing and business tips and give a behind the scenes look of my work over on Snapchat. Some people even enjoy it! Follow with the details below…