Please note this position has now been filled – however, please do feel free to send me an email with your CV should you be interested in potential employment with Velocity Digital in the future.
Velocity Digital is rapidly expanding due to exciting recent client wins and is now hiring a Social Media Manager. This is a full-time position (we would also consider a contractor) working in Edinburgh.
What are we looking for?
- One – two years community/social media management experience (either in-house or agency. We will consider less than 1 year)
- A love for social media marketing and the wider digital marketing field
- They will to be ‘on the ball’ at all times and be a veritable encyclopaedia of digital marketing knowledge
- A creative approach to marketing
- The ability to juggle many balls, spin many plates and keep your fingers in many a pie
- The ability to liaise with clients and build relationships
- Experience of content marketing and a solid knowledge of SEO
- An ability to write/generate excellent content (mainly blog posts)
This will be a varied and exciting role! Some of the key responsibilities will be:
- The management of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc)
- Research into and discovery of relevant content to be used across clients social media platforms
- Analysis of data and report writing
- Creative input into content marketing strategies
- Management and growth of Velocity Digitals social media
- Blogging for Velocity Digital
- Compilation of a new marketing database for Velocity Digital
What would it be like working for Velocity Digital?
Well, you’ll be coming in at an early stage of an exciting digital marketing consultancy (launched in August 2012), and that gives you plenty of opportunity to grow and help shape the future path of the business. You’ll learn a lot about the world of digital (and beyond) marketing and will be provided with a supportive, interesting and engaging working life. You’ll have the chance to have direct input into digital marketing campaigns, and your ideas will be fully considered at all times.
If you need your hand held, this isn’t the opportunity for you, you’ll need to show initiative and be able to hit the ground running. There won’t be Google-style perks, but you will be housed in a nice, city centre office in Edinburgh and will be afforded a flexible approach to working.
The salary on offer is circa £20,000, but is flexible for the right candidate.
To apply for this role
Send me an email with your CV, a short letter on why you would like to work for Velocity Digital and your current salary. Confidentiality guaranteed. I look forward to hearing from you…