I specialise in social media marketing for whisky and spirit brands and have in-depth experience of creating and delivering social media strategies that engage with and activate whisky and spirit drinkers.
A selection of current and past whisky/spirits clients
- The Macallan (social media strategy and delivery)
- Highland Park (social media strategy and delivery)
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (see here for Case Study)
- Balblair (see here for Case Study)
- Isle of Harris Distiller (see here for Case Study)
- Cutty Sark (social media strategy)
- Brugal Rum (social media strategy)
- The Famous Grouse (social media strategy)
- Mackinlays Shackleton (global social media strategy and delivery)
“We developed a great partnership with Velocity Digital, Mike’s dedication to our project was evident in all aspects of his work. We appreciate his attention to detail and creative approach to bringing our brand to life on social media.”
Megan Croall, Balblair
“As a new business with Social Media at the heart of our communications strategy but without technical expertise in this area, we engaged Velocity to audit our approach to-date and advise on best practice going forward to achieve our objectives. Mike was a pleasure to work with- he listened carefully to our story and our desire to ‘do things differently’.
His review and recommendations were well considered and highly practical- light on theory and strong on practicality. As part of the review he facilitated a workshop for the team, which added to our thinking. The output from our engagement with Velocity continues to serve us well a year on. A great value piece of work”
Simon Erlanger, Managing Director, Isle of Harris Distillers
“Mike managed the social media activity for my brand for over a year. The increase in reach and engagement in this time where phenomenal. Clear reporting and analysis assisted in determining activity and setting strategic direction.
Mike is very personable and his understanding of the digital sector is clearly strong whilst also being able to convey his knowledge and the subject in a comprehendible way. I can highly recommend Mike.”
Annabel Kohler, Marketing Manager, The Macallan
“Mike and Velocity Digital provided a content strategy that would use social media to engage with whisky fans, tell them the incredible story of our whisky and generate sales of the brand. Mike really understood our business objectives and most importantly he was able to ensure these were integrated into our social media plan.
He developed, managed and created relevant content that not only increased awareness and sales for our product but also developed content that was genuinely interesting and engaging for fans. Mike’s reporting ensured we were aware of the exact return on investment from our social media and content marketing strategy throughout the project.”
Jill Inglis, Global PR Manager, Whyte & Mackay (Mackinlay’s Shackleton Project)
“I would highly recommend Mike as a social media consultant. Mike worked with us to set up our social media activity for The Famous Grouse. He delivered strong campaigns that delivered great results. He not only executes campaigns well he is also active on social media so is very knowledgeable about this space.”
Katy Stollery, The Famous Grouse
What can I deliver for you?
- Social media platform strategies – where are whisky lovers active and where should a brand be spending its time?
- Content strategies – what does the brand need to create in order to attract a valuable audience?
- Social media content creation – making the content and writing the copy to bring the strategy to life.
- Analysis – in-depth analysis of your social media activity.
- Influencers – identifying and working with top whisky influencers.
- Social media during live events – whisky events are essential activities for many brands, I can ensure your brand makes an impact online while the show is underway.
I’d love to work with your brand and help to push your social media forward!
Call me on 0131 322 5295 (+44 131 322 5295) or email email@example.com for a chat about your needs!
Member of the winning ‘Hackadram’ 2018 team
Willian Grant & Sons created the ‘Hackadram’, an event that brought together people from many walks of life to try and come up with the ideas that would shape the future of the spirits industry. My team-mates and I won the competition! Here’s my video diary: