Here’s the links etc from this weeks show!
- Twitter direct response ads now open to all
- Twitter launches audience insights for advertisers (worth running an ad just to get access)
- Snapchat hit 100 active users
- Google Photos is live
- Gmail is at 900million users, 75% of them access it via mobile
- Inbox app is open to all
My key point was to make sure you’re ready for it to be interactive – it’s not like broadcasting, people will talk to you! You’ll head off on some crazy tangents but just go with the flow!
Paid social media advertising
I encouraged people to get their hands dirty (read a recent blog post from me on that here) and be able to deliver value from social ads at a delivery level and not just via advice. I also spoke about Jon Loomer and his great site full of Facebook advertising advice. I wrote about the problem with social media ads a couple of months ago and the advice still rings true!
Grad opening at Velocity
I’m hiring a fresh, driven grad to join me at Velocity! Details here. If this is you, please get in touch, or if you know someone that may be interested, please put them my way.
- The Content Marketing Academy conference in Edinburgh, Sept 3/4 – book now!
- The Turing Festival in Edinburgh, Aug 21-23!
- I recommended the Xero podcast interview with Michael Nolan