This week’s show discusses the new ‘reactions’ feature from Facebook, Twitter’s Moments and the slick new changes to Medium. I also look at the best way to plan social media content, answer a listener question re the return of Jack Dorsey to Twitter, look at at a cool story in tech this week and have a general blether about all things marketing.
Links and info from the show
Here’s more info on Facebook Reactions via Techcrunch
Twitter Moments launches for users in the USA (via Wired)
Also a big shout out to Tom Alter for the nice Twitter message this week!
- I shared that I’d joined the board of Creative Edinburgh!
- Shared the news of the early-stage launch of Casked with my pal Steven Sefton!
- Mentioned speaking at #SEOjocktoctoberfest by Yard Digital – want to come? Let me know!
- If you need to get fit or increase your fitness in Edinburgh, get in touch with Dare Fitness!
Using Trello for content planning
I mentioned how powerful Trello can be for content planning. It’s very simple:
- Create a board
- Create a list for each platform/medium (Facebook, Twitter, blog etc)
- Within each list, create a card for a piece of content – add all copy, image etc
- If you need feedback from anyone, make sure to add them to the board – they can leave comments, edits etc
- Sign up for notifications or if you use Slack, integrate it!
It’s a very simple, slick way to plan content, you can access it from anywhere and it saves on horrible spreadsheets etc. Show it to your clients, they’ll love it!
Tech Story of the week – SingPost using drones
More on that here and watch the video below:
Want to record a guest trail?
I’m looking for listeners to record the intro trail for the podcast for me! I see it as nice way of getting you involved, it’ll be very easy to do and of course I’ll credit you and plug something for you. If you fancy it, please tweet @mike_mcgrail or email me.
Thanks for listening! Please leave a review on iTunes etc if you have the time!