Applications are now closed for this role (20.06.2014)
I’m seeking a fresh graduate to join me at Velocity Digital. Someone super-sharp, driven and with a huge willingness to learn and contribute to digital marketing strategies and activity for my clients.
What is Velocity Digital?
Velocity Digital is a marketing consultancy in Edinburgh, run by me, Mike McGrail. I deliver strategies for a variety of businesses, from international tech giants to well-loved Scottish brands. A huge part of this involves social media and content marketing, but the buck doesn’t stop there. It’s an exciting way to spend my working life and an incredible area to work within. I’m creating one role for the right person and believe it’s a big opportunity to work within a very desirable sector.
Who do I need?
The ideal candidate will:
Have a passion for all things digital – marketing, technology, communications and more
- Be seriously ambitious
- Have a creative edge and the confidence to share ideas
- Be an immaculate writer and communicator
- Have an outgoing personality and enjoy building relationships
- Be driven to learn via one-on-one training with me, but also be proactive in their own learning
- Be mega-organised and able to work without heavy supervision
- Have the initiative to solve problems
- Ideally, you will have relevant work experience gained through placements, internships or working roles
- Be degree educated (all degree subjects considered)
What will I give you?
- I’ll train you from the ground-up in digital marketing, devoting serious time to developing your skills. We’ll be working very closely together
- On-going development and training
- A level of responsibility beyond that offered within large agencies etc
- The chance to work with a diverse range of businesses (including new ventures I am directly involved in)
- Access to some very clever people that you can learn from
- A challenging role that you can grow within
- An Edinburgh city centre office with all you need on the doorstep
- A competitive graduate level salary
- A satisfying work/balance
What will you do in your job?
- Make great things happen online for our clients via social media, content marketing and more
- Support me in key areas of the business
- Develop ideas that you will see brought to life
- Communicate with our clients (including on a face-to-face basis)
- Help to ensure we are innovative, effective and efficient
This is a role with true variety, make no bones about it. Make cake. Cake is better.
Good. The first step is to send me a CV. CVs are a formality and typically very dull, so please do try and catch my eye. Tell me what makes you tick and why you think you could be the right choice, then we’ll take it from there.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you.